Any student who desires to lay a solid Biblical Worldview foundation that will help them succeed at home, in the church, and in the marketplace should attend SCSL. First year students are equipped for life; second year students are equipped for leadership, and third year students are equipped for vocational ministry (Youth, Children’s, Worship, and Missions).
• Students must have graduated from high school or obtained their GED; most of our students range in age from 18 to 25.
• Students must desire to establish their identities in Christ, process their pasts, develop Godly character, learn life and leadership skills, acquire a vision for man/womanhood, and lay a solid Biblical Worldview for their lives.
• Students must desire to engage in a culture that focuses on walking in honor and integrity and being people who are passionate for God, humble, and servant-hearted.
• Students must have a financial plan and the means to pay for their tuition.
Every day begins with morning prayer. Different classes ranging from Scripture Studies, Christian Life & Ministry, Biblical Studies, Life Lessons, and UpClose mentoring are held throughout the week. Optional courses, such as SC District School of Ministry (DSOM) and Global University (GU) are also available. Other weekly events such as student-led devotions, AC families, community outreach, Cymbrogi discipleship, church ministry, student life, & even optional part-time jobs also make up the SCSL schedule.
• Handling the Hurts of Life
• Conflict Resolution
• Relational Integrity
• Forming Biblical Convictions
• How to Have a Devotional Life
• 12 Characteristics of Strong Christians
• Biblical, Applied, and Practical Theology
• Staying Strong in Tough Places
• Old & New Testament Studies
• Public Speaking
• Time Management
• Personality Profiles
• Co-Dependency (Boundaries)
• Pornography/Sexual Addictions
• Why You Do What You Do?
• Acquiring a Vision for Life
• The measure of a Man/Woman
• Overcoming the Father Wound/Overly Bonded Mother
Students will have the opportunity to work with several ministries including youth, children, worship, special needs, missions, school campus ministry, media/audio experience, and more through weekly community outreaches and ministry teams.
+ $650 events
$7100 Total Cost*
* There are additional costs associated with college credits and credentialing. Please see DSOM or GU Fact Sheets for more information on specific cost breakdowns.
Every student is required to attend one mission trip during the school year; this cost is not included in tuition. A $300 missions deposit is due upon arrival at SCSL.
Because SCSL is not an independent full-time educational institution, many student loans may not be applicable toward your tuition. However, some have found unsecured personal loans and direct-to-student loans to be successful.
Students who desire to earn transferrable college credits while attending SCSL have the option of taking courses through Global University which is regionally accredited.
Students who desire to attain their ministerial credentials may take courses offered through SC District School of Ministry. Students have the opportunity to become certified within one year and are able to become licensed for full-time vocational ministry within two years.
Students have the opportunity to work a part-time job(20-30 hrs) while attending SCSL. Work schedules may vary, though, due to ministry trips and other SCSL responsibilities. Employers must understand the priority of the students’ commitment to SCSL. Students regularly work on Monday and Thursday afternoons, Fridays, Saturdays, and even Sunday afternoons if necessary.
There is no deadline! Applications are accepted for the upcoming year until enrollment is full. Acceptance is based on a first come first serve basis as there is limited space each year. A $500 deposit is due upon acceptance to secure your spot. A $1000 enrollment fee, a $300 missions deposit, and an optional academic fee (SC DSOM or GU) will be due upon arrival at SCSL.
Students can submit an online application at www.scsl.com, mail a printed application to SCSL Admissions, 2700 Bush River Road, Columbia, SC, 29210, or fax it to 803-798-0244. You can call 803-798-4488 for additional assistance (M-Th, 9-5).
A $25 application fee, pastoral reference, essay, and photo must accompany all completed applications.